Monday, June 17, 2013

Let's Talk Lego Blocks!

06/17/13

Be A LEGO Showoff Swap Details...

I'm a member of a website group called Swap-bot.  There (or here) you can swap items to mail to each other via snail mail or electronic mail. It's a way to connect to the world by sending and receiving fun little "packages".

I signed up for a swap called "Be a LEGO Showoff!" because I love Lego blocks!  This post provides the requirements for that swap.

First, I'd like to show off my collection. I keep them stored in two places. One is the shelf of grey bins. They are not categorized in any way currently. I have to sort through and pull out all of the blocks that are not Lego brand.


Great investment! This holds A LOT of Lego bricks!
 
 
The second unit I have is a display case. I have only just pulled everything out of my room to put them there, so they are also not yet organized...for the most part.


Man...I've got a lot of work to do.
 
Many different sets
The older sets are some of my most prized sets


This is where my built displays will go
Just recently I had to tell my boys that they could not play with any of my Lego bricks anymore.  I know that sounds like I'm the worst mother in the world, but they keep losing my stuff and mixing mine with theirs!  They'd feel the same way if I did that to their sets, I'm sure.

 
Empty boxes (mostly)




 
Instruction manuals



PROJECTS 

Here are some projects that I've worked on either alone or with my kids...I even won a prize for one!




Lego Christmas Village
 
This is the working carousel I built. I'm sorry that it's sideways, but my camera is weird!
 
 
 
Our Big Fort...admittedly there were some other bricks than Lego used here.

This is the Lego storage units we made out of Lego blocks (and a few others)
 
 
So which one do you think I won a prize for?...
 
 
...It was the carousel.  I entered it into a contest at the library and won first place for my age group (old).
 

So...to all of my dearest friends who love me the most...Have you figured out what to get me for Christmas yet?

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I love seeing your collection--the bins are fantastic! And the video of your carousel is marvelous. Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete

You totally rock if you leave comments on my blog!

Search 2.0

Followers